Homemade Danish Cookies Recipe
Who doesn't love these soft and delicious cookies?
Danish shortbread cookies are perfect for dipping in tea or coffee as they are very sturdy. Its dough is a simple combination of basic ingredients that are easy to find in the pantry of any home: flour, butter, natural sweetener, egg, vanilla and salt.
These homemade shortbread cookies are perfect to enjoy on any occasion!
- 190 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 80 g icing sugar
- ½ beaten egg, at room temperature
- 230 g of flour
- Refined sugar for garnish
- PREHEAT your oven to 180 ° C.
- SIEVE the flour with the help of a strainer, add the salt and mix.
- BEAT butter with sugar until well blended and add vanilla.
- STIR in the egg, slow down the mixing speed and add the flour little by little. We beat until obtaining a homogeneous mass and remove.
- SPREAD with a rolling pin to form 2 ½ cm thick plates, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- CUT the cookie using a glass or cookie cutter. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- TURN freshly baked cookies one at a time onto a sugared plate and press lightly so they stick together. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator to help them last longer.