Recipe to prepare meat al pastor for the best tacos
On this occasion you will prepare by yourself a rich "carne al pastor" Its main ingredients are marinated meat, roasted, served in thin slices on small corn tortillas, the meat can be a combination of pork and beef, although more common is to have just pork.
1 kg of pork milanesa
- 3 guajillo chiles
- 1 annatto bar
- ¼ white onion
- 2 garlic
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 small pineapple, cubed
- 1 sprig of fresh coriander
- Vegetable oil, the necessary
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut the meat into pieces and place it in a bowl. Put the salt, pepper and add the soy sauce. Let it rest for half an hour.
- Add oil to a frying pan and fry the previously deveined guajillo peppers until they take on a little color. Add the onion and garlic wait until they turn brown and the garlic softens. Remove from the heat, let it cool a bit and add to the blender along with the vinegar, orange juice, marinade and oregano. Blend until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
- Pour the mixture over the meat and stir until everything is covered. Let it rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a clean pan, add oil and fry the meat. Stir constantly and, when the meat is ¾ cooked, add the pineapple in pieces and the sliced onion, until the meat is perfectly cooked.
- Remove from the heat and serve with the chopped coriander.