How to make a refreshing summer dessert "lemon curd"
LEMON CURD SEMIFRÍO: AN EASY TEMPTATION TO PREPARE.
The desserts made without an oven are perfect for those days in summer when something fresh is the best. Also, they are very practical if you don't have an "oven".
They are easy recipes to prepare, ideal for a special occasion. And the best thing is that there are options for all tastes.
Without entering the great world of ice creams -which are obviously recipes without an oven-, we can mention the so-called semi-frozen or frozen desserts, for which it is not necessary to have a refrigerator or special machine, this time we will prepare a semi-cold lemon curd.
Get the following:
For 6 people
- Liquid whipping cream 250 ml
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- Sugar 120 g
- Gelatin in sheets 2 g
- Lemon curd 300 g
- We will start by hydrating the gelatin sheets in very cold water for a minimum of ten minutes. We prepare the lemon curd following this recipe or we use a commercial one.
- While we put the eggs, the yolk and the sugar in a saucepan and put it in a bain-marie on top of another pot with hot water.
- Cook this preparation for seven minutes, beating at the same time with a hand mixer, to make the mixture fluffy. Add the drained gelatin. Let it cold down.
- We beat the cream until it forms peaks and mix with the egg cream.
- We distribute the lemon curd in the bottom of six glasses with a spoon or with a pastry bag and put the other mixture on top until we reach the edge of the glasses. We freeze a minimum of three hours.
After letting it rest for 3 hours, it has to be between a mousse and an ice cream, and voila, you can enjoy it.