Irish Whiskey truffle recipe
Ireland not only has the famous carrot cake, it also has these delicious and typical chocolate truffles prepared with whiskey, here you have this simple and delicious recipe to prepare it from home.
Ingredients: to prepare approximately 45 or 50 truffles
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, 60 or 70% cocoa and finely chopped.
- 3 tablespoons of whiskey.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter.
- Heavy whipping cream.
For the coating you will need:
- Vegetable oil.
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Almost 1 whole cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- To make the filling you will have to pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until you see that it melts and mixes little by little.
- Then add the butter little by little and keep stirring.
- Then add the whiskey and continue stirring.
- When you see that it is totally creamy, stop stirring and put it in the refrigerator.
- Take a small spoon and with the cream, make the shape of the truffle, that is, balls.
- Then cover them with a thin layer of chocolate and then wrap them in cocoa.
- When you have them fully covered they will be ready.
Now you just need to place them on a tray and taste.