Reasons to visit Latin America
Have you ever visited the American continent?
America is not only the United States, America encompasses from Chile to Alaska, this continent has many countries with a variety of culture, people, languages, gastronomy and biodiversity. But this time we will talk about Latin America: countries full of magic, life, splendor, and the past, history and literature. Full of lakes, rivers, ancient cities, people who welcome you with open arms, who open their hearts to you without expecting anything in return and give you their happy smiles. There are hundreds of reasons to travel to this beautiful region of the planet, including:
1. You will be able to explore ancient and millenary cities, fruit of the civilizations that reigned for years before the arrival of the Spanish. For example Machu Pichu in Peru, or Chichen Itzá in Mexico.
2. You will navigate the largest, deepest and widest river in the world: the Amazon, an imposing and powerful river. It has a total length of 6,800 kilometers and its flow is around 120,000 cubic meters.
3. You will be able to practice extreme sports, unload all your adrenaline sliding through the dunes of the Ica desert in Peru, surf the wall of a wave in the Pacific Sea or sail the skies of Ecuador in paragliding.
4. Visit Brazil and celebrate the most famous carnival in the world: the Rio de Janeiro Carnival.
5. Dive or snorkel in the Caribbean Sea, warm, crystalline, and full of colorful fish and corals.
6. Visit one of the most remote islands in the world: Easter Island in Chile, known to the locals as Rapa Nui. This island is famous for its 887 statues, the "moai".
8.Walk through the largest salt flat on the planet, the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia. It is located 3,653 meters above sea level and covers a region of 12,000 square kilometers. This landscape is one of the most magical and splendid in all of South America.
9. Contemplate the landscape of Mars on planet Earth. The Atacama Desert (Chile and part of the coastal region of Peru), is known to be the driest and most surreal place on the planet.
10. You will enjoy a rich and exotic gastronomy. For example, Peruvian ceviche, corn tortillas and tacos in Mexico or Argentine and Uruguayan asados.
11. You will also be able to observe wildlife in its maximum splendor since Latin America offers the greatest diversity of species on the planet. From llamas, vicuñas and alpacas in the Andean mountains, to giant tortoises, marine iguanas in the Galapagos Islands or pink dolphins in the Amazon.