Recipe to prepare Chop Suey
One of the most traditional dishes in Chinese cuisine is Chop Suey. Despite not being an ancient recipe, its origin is related to a Chinese who lived in the United States in the 19th century, this dish is not lacking in any good Chinese table. Its name literally means "mixed pieces" and consists of cooking different types of meat with vegetables (such as celery and pepper) in a wok. An ingredient that can not be missing in chop suey is the green mung bean sprout (or Chinese) that has nothing to do with bean sprouts. This dish is one of the most internationalized Chinese recipes along with spring rolls and three delights rice. It is usually accompanied with cooked rice.
- 1 cup of soybean sprouts
- 1 cup of carrot grated
- 1 cup of grated pumpkin
- 1 cup of mushrooms filleted
- 1/2 cup of celery
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of red onion, chopped
- Low sodium soy sauce
- The onion and celery are seasoned with the oil.
- The rest of the vegetables are added one by one.
- Add the ginger and soy sauce and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the vegetables have the desired consistency.
- It is served on a plate with steamed rice or accompanied by some pasta.